The goal of TA Performance Products is to provide Buick racers with the highest quality components, one in particular is high strength connecting rods. These steel rods are manufactured from aircraft quality 4340 billet material that is far superior than the factory forgings. TA’s 455 connecting rods duplicate the stock weight in both rotating and reciprocating mass. They are heat treated to 170 KSI and feature a pinned cap to assure proper rod/cap alignment and to substantially increase the strength of the assembled connecting rod joint. In addition to superior material and heat treat, the interference fit cap decreases distortion of the bearing bore under severe loading conditions encountered in a modern race engine.
4340 American Made Chrome Moly Steel Tool Steel Bolts
- the best materials coupled with the best design and craftsmanship = a superior product!
Superior “I-Beam” Design w/ Double Ribbed Cap
- results in absolutely the strongest connecting rod available
- GM engineering credits this series of connecting rods as the strongest they have ever tested
- superior design and machining processes results in a light weight design that does not compromise strength- average of 782 grams for TA 1632, average of 643 grams for TA V1632-OFF
- high grade, oversized, tool steel, 12 point bolts to handle the most severe stresses