This single plane intake has been developed and refined for Extreme Big Block Combination's. Supports engine designs that will run 6500+ RPM and will support Horsepower Levels in excess of 800 with appropriate carburetion. Recommended for combination with power bands that start at 4000 RPM and higher with shift points at or above 6500 RPM.
TA Exclusive NEW Features
- Upper A/C bracket mounting boss
- Angled carb pad, flat available for chassis cars
- CNC match ported runner exits
- 3 Vacuum ports at rear of plenum for power brakes, PCV, transmission modulator, etc.
- Heater hose connections
- Improved port alignment
- Full intake to head flange, blocks all air injection ports on late model heads
SPX Series intake manifolds are 1-3/4" taller than stock.
Using a drop base air cleaner with 3" element in most cases allows adequate hood clearance. GS Ram Air type air cleaners will NOT work.
Other applications that have hood clearance issues are '67- '70 Riviera and '64- '67 GS/Skylark. Please confirm clearance.